A web-based application that provides management, visualization, query and dissemination of geospatial climate change data.
- Provides open access to featured maps, organized by type and presented using a convenient menu
- Allows users to create accounts for more advanced access to the full data library via a query interface
- Allows authenticated users to download data as images for use in publications or as data files for use in climate modeling software
- Provides basic content administration functions to allow administrators to publish new maps and manage site text without additional web development
- Provides tools to enable bulk upload & tagging of new data sets
- Winner of the 2012 Large Organization Recognition Award (presented to World Wildlife Fund) in the World Bank Apps for Climate Competition
- Custom Data Access Layer to facilitate consistent access to the GeoIQ library from .Net applications
- Development of command-line utilities to enable bulk upload and tagging.
- Automated map creation on with hosted GeoIQ library to reduce man-hours required for data/map preparation
- Compiled command-line utilities on both Windows and Linux for use in the varied technical settings found across academia
- Developed a consistent, automated tagging approach based on model data contents and file names to reduce human error in tagging and facilitate improved query results
Customer: Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
User Community: Climate change researchers worldwide, World Wildlife Fund, news media