CAD/PAD System Engineering Support
Provide SQL Server database administration advisory support, source code evaluation support, website maintenance advisory support, software system architecture evaluation, technological trends evaluation support, system engineering documentation support for the CAD/PAD Virtual Fleet Support system management team.
- Provision of support in evaluating issues that arise when NAWC-AD change database server configuration.
- Implementation of encryption on the customer’s databases.
- R&D of white paper on Section 508 accessibility compliance.
- Development and maintenance of reports on SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Devising and documentation of a step by step procedure to implement the upgrade from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Generation of a list of criteria to use in auditing delivered source code and database updates.
- Research and testing of various means of providing web site timeout notification to users.
- Provision of ongoing SQL Server database administration consulting and advice to the customer’s DBA.
- Development of process to provide database tracking of PKE mapping of VFS users.
- Development of process to utilized encrypted data to generate SQL Server ASP.Net connection strings for the VFS web modules.
Customer: CAD/PAD Department E Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Division
User Community: U.S. Naval Aviation units, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, aircraft units, Naval Ordnance Logistic Support Center, CAD/PAD Engineering, Foreign Naval and Air Force units.