Navigator is the next-generation data-sharing site for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). It enables access to and interaction with all publically-available data sets from the BLM. It provides download, mapping, and social media sharing capabilities.
- Navigator helps BLM meet its open data and records retention requirements
- Navigator integrates its data holdings with data.gov through the use of FGDC metadata standards
- Navigator was built using a best-of-breed mix of open-source and commercial software
- Implemented seamless workflow using W3C , OGC, and ISO standards to move data from behind the BLM firewall to public servers.
- Developed using a responsive interface for appropriate experience on desktop or mobile devices.
- Integrated with GeoServer Configuration API to automatically register new data sets with Web Mapping Services (WMS)
- Enabled user-generated mapping and sharing via social media authentication and integration.
- Implemented federated geospatial search using Voyager Search commercial product
Customer: US Bureau of Land Management
User Community: BLM data stewards, the public