Zekiah is looking for a Systems Engineering Tools Developer experienced in the development of custom frameworks for Atlassian, IBM, and JFROG tools and projects. The candidate will be part of a team of engineers/developers working to develop tools which facilitate the DEVOPS of engineering teams.
Zekiah’s mission is to create a great workplace for our employees. We believe if we take care of our employees through a balanced work life, fair salaries, great benefits, and giving our employee’s voice in how we serve our customers, they will be a partner in our service to our customers. Our customers rely on our team to solve their most daunting challenges, create novel solutions and support their most vital missions at a great value.
You will join a team where you are given opportunities to take on responsibilities according to your experience level and professional growth goals. Our staff mentors each other and continuously enhance the capability of the team. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct thorough analysis of operational, technical, systemic requirements and any required modification to maintain the engineering tools infrastructure
- Solve technical and non-technical problems throughout the life of the project
- Maintain, integrate, and administer system engineering tools composed of IBM, Atlassian, and JFrog components in Linux and Windows environments.
- Understand Structured Query Language and information management best practices
- Design, implement, and sustain networked and multi-sited application instances
- Work closely with the customer and other engineers to ensure system requirements are met
- Create documentation for end-users
- Develop and maintain automation workflows in Atlassian JIRA and other Atlassian products including tool administration and customization.
- Create JIRA projects, queries, and reports.
- Install and configure plugins and deploy to extend JIRA capabilities, make dashboards for JIRA Connect add-ons, configure custom fields, support JIRA configurations.
- Design custom JIRA workflow for different issues types to assist in Automation of provisioning, build & deploy servers and applications as well as other continuous integration workflows.
- Responsible for maintenance, administration, upgrade, and enhancements to JIRA, Confluence and integrations with other tools or plugins.
- Provide timely and accurate information and updates to leadership, project sponsors, end users, and management
- Provide timely alerts on potential issues
The ideal candidates will have all of the following:
- Experience designing Graphical User Interfaces
- Two (2) years’ experience of working with users and development teams to create software interfaces and mockups for custom frameworks
- Experience with configuring and administering tools in a Linux environment
- Experience with scripting (C/C++, Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.) for data transitions
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc)
- Experience in working customer service and applying customer support principles and methods demonstrating an ability to report, respond to, and resolve customer requests in a manner that demonstrates tact, patience, and resilience
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It is preferred a candidate have the following:
- Security + certification or desire to attain it
- IBM, Atlassian, or other engineering tool certification denoting knowledge of best practices for developing custom frameworks
- Experience training users and troubleshooting issues working with host site personnel and network engineers
Work Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizen w/ ability to acquire and maintain DOD Secret Level Security Clearance