We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer/Editor to produce high-quality documentation. You will work collaboratively with developers and engineers to make products easier to use. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, please take a look and apply for the position.
Zekiah’s mission is to create a great workplace for our employees. We believe if we take care of our employees through a balanced work life, fair salaries, great benefits, and giving our employee’s voice in how we serve our customers, they will be a partner in our service to our customers. Our customers rely on our team to solve their most daunting challenges, create novel solutions and support their most vital missions at a great value.
You will be providing specialized technology to defeat traditional and non-traditional threats for Navy, Joint, and Interagency customers through rapid engineering and full life-cycle system development using government developed and integrated technologies. Specific tasks may include:
- Work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- 5 years of experience in the research, preparation, writing, and/or editing of technical documents for publication
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and composing technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience composing technical documents including user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports in accordance with technical documentation guidelines and standards
- Experience editing documents to ensure grammatical correctness and conducting research to ensure the use of proper technical terminology
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and composing meeting minutes and action items
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance