We are still hiring! Although some positions may be eligible for work from home due to COVID-19, these are ONSITE positions, and candidates will be required to work onsite when conditions improve.
Zekiah currently utilizes maximum telework for all employees, as permitted by individual contracts. When telework is not possible, strict protocols are in place for how many people may be in a given area at a time and cleaning procedures.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced software (QA) tester. Please state your availability with your application, including any known current contract work end dates or military separation dates.
This position supports software for the U.S. Coast Guard.
We are looking for a QA Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be
responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Write and follow test procedures
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Familiar with project tracking using Jira or similar application
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Professional Experience
Conditions of Employment
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must have the ability to commute to the Washington D.C. metro area for meetings, when required.