Do you want to be a key player in systems and software design for a major DoD weapons system – then Zekiah wants you!
Bring your invaluable skills supporting the Navy / Joint Systems Command to our current DoD contracts. You’ll collaborate in a team environment designing, developing, and testing systems software supporting the warfighter. Bring your skills and experience with C/C++ and Java to engineer custom tailored solutions for our military. Add your experience and passion for supporting the warfighter to our team and make a difference today!
We have an immediate opportunity for a cleared software engineer. Additionally, we maintain a candidate pool of engineers for future opportunities. Please state your availability with your application, including any known current contract work end dates or military separation dates.
- Five (5) years of experience in software engineering applied to program development, modeling, and/or simulation.
- Two (2) years of experience with Navy or Joint Systems.
- Understanding of technical aspects required to develop large complex software intensive systems.
- Proficient in software development using at least two (2) of the following: Windows, various Linux distributions (e.g. Red Hat), C/C++ and Java programming languages.
- CompTIA Security+, equivalent or higher (such as CISSP), or willingness to obtain within 90 days of start date
Conditions of Employment
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to attain and hold clearance
- A Secret security clearance, at minimum, is highly preferred, but Zekiah will sponsor a clearance for a candidate with a desirable skillset
- Participation and merit based bonuses twice yearly
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard work day is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.