Are you an innovator bored with the same old boring job day after day? Zekiah is looking for a Software Developer craving an opportunity in a challenging environment. You will work alongside scientists and engineers creating an ever-evolving set of new tools. Your team will solve difficult problems with a team-centered approach and novel technologies and methodologies. There are endless opportunities for a creative developer with vision!
Zekiah’s mission is to create a great workplace for our employees. We believe if we take care of our employees through a balanced work life, fair salaries, great benefits, and giving our employee’s voice in how we serve our customers, they will be a partner in our service to our customers. Our customers rely on our team to solve their most daunting challenges, create novel solutions and support their most vital missions at a great value.
- Design and develop new software
- Integrate and maintain existing software
- Design relational databases
- Requirements analysis
- Unit and integration testing
- Verification and validation testing
- Peer test application updates
- Write and maintain application documentation
- Work in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
- Work in a SCIF environment
The ideal candidates will have all of the following:
- Associate’s degree (or an additional two years of professional experience)
- Two (2) years of professional technical experience in the form of employment history
- Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting applications to facilitate fixes and improvements.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to coders, teammates and management.
- Experience working as part of a team of developers, coders, testers, and CM specialists
- Experience with the military/DoD a bonus, but not required
- Experience using an Agile development approach is beneficial
- Familiarity with geospatial web-based map development is a bonus, but not required
- CompTIA Security+, equivalent or higher (such as CISSP), or willingness to obtain, highly desired
The successful candidate will have (at least) 2 years of experience in ONE of the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Data Science (with coding experience)
- Experience with WPF libraries, data access libraries (such as MVC)
If you have a portfolio of your work on GitHub or similar sites please include the link in your application. Also include current certifications you hold (A+, Security+, etc.), if any.
Work Eligibility Requirements
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must have a current TS/SCI clearance