***This position is currently funded and we are looking for 1 – 2 candidates to start as soon as possible***
Zekiah Technologies is a small tech company and government contractor working primarily in Dahlgren, Virginia. Established in 1999, we’ve successfully competed with much larger companies to facilitate missions for the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security, among others.
Since the winter of 2018 Zekiah has won several new contract vehicles and multiple new TIs on existing contracts. This has lead to a dramatic hiring boom, so odds are we have a spot for you. As a small, family-run company we are able to offer a few things our competitors do not: bi-annual bonuses, flexible scheduling, boundaries between work and personal life, and a laid-back work culture.
- Zekiah Technologies is seeking an experienced Software Assurance Specialist to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. This is not a remote position.
- Conduct software assurance assessments utilizing a variety of tool types, including Static Code Analysis, Dynamic Code Analysis, and Origin Analysis
- Analyze software assurance tool findings for true positives, false positives, CWEs,CVEs, and other weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Use the Common Weakness Scoring System (CWSS) to score discovered software vulnerabilities
- Generate and distribute formatted technical reports that identify software issues and vulnerabilities, and provide information to assist decision makers in understanding risks and recommended mitigation measures
Please apply if you have at least 2 of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or an Associate’s degree (acceptable) or a High School Diploma (with an additional 5 years of professional experience)
- 2+ years of software design, engineering, and analysis experience
- Software development and/or security evaluation experience
- DoDI8570 IAT Level II Baseline Certification: CCNA-Security, CySA+, GSEC, Security+CE, or SCCP certification
- 2+ years of software assurance assessments and analyzing findings using applications such as Code Dx, Checkmarx, Dlawfinder, Klocwork, and Parasoft, Fortify, HP WebInspect, FindBugs, OWASP
- Understanding of DISA Development Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Understanding of Common Weakness Enumerations (CWEs) and Common vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs)
Conditions of Employment
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to attain and hold a security clearance
- A Secret security clearance, at minimum, is highly preferred, but Zekiah will sponsor a clearance for a candidate with a desirable skillset
- Participation and merit based bonuses twice yearly
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard work day is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
How to Apply
Fill out the online form to find out if Zekiah Technologies could be your new career.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
|Job Category||Developer, Other, Programmer|
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.