***COVID-19 NOTICE: We are still hiring! Although some positions may be eligible for work from home due to COVID-19, these are ONSITE positions, and candidates will be required to work onsite when conditions improve.***
Have you ever felt like just another face in a sea of candidates? Do you think your past employers found you interchangeable or worse, easily replaceable? That’s not how our employees feel. Zekiah cares about both our employees AND the important work we do. We value the individual and want all of our employees to meet their full potential while also providing quality support to our clients.
We do this by offering well-rounded benefits such as:
- Flexible education reimbursement – use it for college classes, technical conferences, certifications, or anything that is job-related or relevant
- Learning Lunches – opportunities to learn new skills while conversing with employees who work in different offices
- A no-cost series of Soft Skills training courses directed solely at improving your workplace capabilities and professional interactions
- Encouraging a healthy work/life balance
- Flexible schedules (within the allowable restrictions of each contract)
- Exciting work that engages your interest while expanding your skills
- and that’s not the whole list – see the benefits section below for insurance / paid leave / retirement / etc.!
We’re a small business with the small business feel of community and personalized solutions AND big business clients and know-how. We’ve been in business for over 20 years, and have supported some of the same clients for all 20 of those years. We consistently win recompetes and have supported some projects through all option years of their original contracts and even follow-on contracts. We have excellent win rates and performance assessments.
If this sounds like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of, please apply today!
We’re seeking a proven professional, at the top of their field, with knowledge and experience vital to mission objectives, to spearhead a dedicated team engineering software supporting the warfighter.
The ideal candidate has experience supporting the Navy / Joint Systems Command, using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design/layout, and programming in C/C++ and Java to engineer custom tailored solutions for our military.
You’ll be an innovator: our software products are mission-critical – we want your best – creativity, ingenuity, leadership, and follow-through. Add your experience and passion for supporting the warfighter to our team and make a difference today!
+ Education/Professional Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree from a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering; or
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mathematics, or Computer Science; or
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science; or
- A Ph.D degree from and accredited college or University in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
+ General Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of full-time professional experience in Software Engineering supporting the Department of Defense in program development, modeling, and/or simulation
+ Specialized Experience
- Five (5) years of which must have been directly in support of the Navy or Joint Systems Command.
- Three (3) years of which must demonstrate proficiency in software development using at least two (2) of the following: Windows, various Linux distributions (e.g. Red Hat), embedded systems (e.g. Atmel/Rabbit processors), C/C++ and Java programming languages, or Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design/layout and programming (e.g. Xilinx, Altera, Actel).
Conditions of Employment
- Must have the ability to attain and hold a security clearance
- Participation and merit-based bonuses twice yearly
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard workday is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.