We are seeking a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support a growing network infrastructure. You will be part of a team responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
Zekiah’s mission is to create a great workplace for our employees. We believe if we take care of our employees through a balanced work life, fair salaries, great benefits, and giving our employee’s voice in how we serve our customers, they will be a partner in our service to our customers. Our customers rely on our team to solve their most daunting challenges, create novel solutions and support their most vital missions at a great value.
You will be providing specialized technology to defeat traditional and non-traditional threats for Navy, Joint, and Interagency customers through rapid engineering and full life-cycle system development using government developed and integrated technologies. Specifically:
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline
- 5 years of network engineering experience including 2 years of specialized experience performing design, development and testing of IP based communications networks containing heterogeneous traffic, including voice and data
- Experience in network modeling and simulation to evaluate performance of network protocols (such as IPv4, TCP, UDP)
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco network device installation, operation and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications architecture planning to include the fundamentals of radio frequency propagation and switching/routing
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- As per DoD Directive 8140, this position shall require Information Assurance Technicians (IAT) Level 2 or higher under specialty area 45 – System Administrator with certification in current Operating Systems and Information Security.
Work Eligibility Requirements
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance