Zekiah Technologies is a small tech company and government contractor working primarily in Dahlgren, Virginia. Established in 1999, we’ve successfully competed with much larger companies to facilitate missions for the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security, among others.
Since the winter of 2018 Zekiah has won several new contract vehicles and multiple new TIs on existing contracts. This has lead to a dramatic hiring boom, so odds are we have a spot for you. As a small, family-run company we are able to offer a few things our competitors do not: bi-annual bonuses, flexible scheduling, boundaries between work and personal life, and a laid-back work culture.
- Zekiah Technologies is seeking several junior software developers to join our staff! The positions support the Department of the Navy on several different missions.
- Our team is made up of staff with various levels of experience. We share technical knowledge and mentor each other based on technical skills and task roles. We are focused on providing opportunities to job seekers who are searching for a position to grow their technical expertise and pursue innovative concepts.
- We are looking for motivated, independent, self-starters who are able to think out of the box and use a creative approach to problem solving. We reward forward-thinking and ambition.
- Design and develop new software
- Integrate and maintain existing software
- Design relational databases
- Requirements analysis
- Unit and integration testing
- Verification and validation testing
- Peer test application updates
- Write and maintain application documentation
- Work in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
We currently are looking for two (2) junior software developers.
The ideal candidates will have all of the following:
- Associate’s degree (or an additional two years of professional experience)
- Two (2) years of technical experience (academic and internship experience will be considered towards technical requirements)
- Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting applications to facilitate fixes and improvements.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to coders, teammates and management.
- Experience working as part of a team of developers, coders, testers, and CM specialists
- Experience with the military/DoD a bonus, but not required
- Experience using an Agile development approach is beneficial
The successful candidate will have (at least) TWO of the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Data Science (with some level of coding experience)
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
If you have two of the skill sets listed above, please don’t hesitate to apply! Different contracts require different backgrounds.
If you have a portfolio of your work on GitHub or similar sites please include the link in your application. Also include current certifications you hold (A+, Security+, etc.), if any.
Conditions of Employment
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to attain and hold a security clearance
- Participation and merit based bonuses twice yearly
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard work day is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
How to Apply
Fill out the online form to find out if Zekiah Technologies could be your new career.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.