***COVID-19 NOTICE: We are still hiring! Although some positions may be eligible for work from home due to COVID-19, these are ONSITE positions, and candidates will be required to work onsite when conditions improve.***
Have you ever felt like just another face in a sea of candidates? Do you think your past employers found you interchangeable or worse, easily replaceable? That’s not how our employees feel. Zekiah cares about both our employees AND the important work we do. We value the individual and want all of our employees to meet their full potential while also providing quality support to our clients.
We do this by offering well-rounded benefits such as:
- Flexible education reimbursement – use it for college classes, technical conferences, certifications, or anything that is job-related or relevant
- Learning Lunches – opportunities to learn new skills while conversing with employees who work in different offices
- A no-cost series of Soft Skills training courses directed solely at improving your workplace capabilities and professional interactions
- Encouraging a healthy work/life balance
- Flexible schedules (within the allowable restrictions of each contract)
- Exciting work that engages your interest while expanding your skills
- and that’s not the whole list – see the benefits section below for insurance / paid leave / retirement / etc.!
We’re a small business with the small business feel of community and personalized solutions AND big business clients and know-how. We’ve been in business for over 20 years, and have supported some of the same clients for all 20 of those years. We consistently win recompetes and have supported some projects through all option years of their original contracts and even follow-on contracts. We have excellent win rates and performance assessments.
If this sounds like the kind of company you’d like to be a part of, please apply today!
We have an immediate opportunity for FOUR (4) TS/SCI cleared software developers. Please state your availability with your application, including any known current contract work end dates or military separation dates.
This position supports software for the Air Force. It is an established contract with current funding.
- Design and develop new software
- Integrate and maintain existing software
- Design relational databases
- Requirements analysis
- Unit and integration testing
- Verification and validation testing
- Peer test application updates
- Write and maintain application documentation
- Work in Windows, Unix, and Linux environments
- Work in a SCIF environment
We currently are looking for several software developers for three different contracts.
The ideal candidates will have all of the following:
- Associate’s degree (or an additional two years of professional experience)
- Two (2) years of professional technical experience in the form of employment history
- Experience and strong desire to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting applications to facilitate fixes and improvements.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to coders, teammates and management.
- Experience working as part of a team of developers, coders, testers, and CM specialists
- Experience with the military/DoD a bonus, but not required
- Experience using an Agile development approach is beneficial
- Familiarity with geospatial web-based map development is a bonus, but not required
- CompTIA Security+, equivalent or higher (such as CISSP), or willingness to obtain, highly desired
The successful candidate will have (at least) 2 years of experience in ONE of the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Data Science (with coding experience)
- Experience with WPF libraries, data access libraries (such as MVC)
If you have the skill sets listed above, please apply today! Different contracts require different backgrounds.
If you have a portfolio of your work on GitHub or similar sites please include the link in your application. Also include current certifications you hold (A+, Security+, etc.), if any.
Conditions of Employment
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Must have a current TS/SCI clearance
We offer competitive salaries. Since this position ranges from Junior to Mid-level, the salary will be determined according to which Labor Category your individual skills and experience qualify for.
- Participation and merit-based bonuses twice yearly
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard work day is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
How to Apply
Fill out the online form to find out if Zekiah Technologies could be your new career.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.