Zekiah Technologies is a small tech company and government contractor working primarily in Dahlgren, Virginia. Established in 1999, we’ve successfully competed with much larger companies to facilitate missions for the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security, among others.
Since the winter of 2018 Zekiah has won several new contract vehicles and multiple new TIs on existing contracts. This has lead to a dramatic hiring boom, and we’re excited to bring a full-time recruiter onto the team!
- The head recruiter & content manager will work a 40 hour week from our La Plata, Maryland office. After a three month introductory period, our recruiter will be able to work remotely two days a week.
- Recruiters are responsible for making a positive first impression on future employees. We’re looking for an outgoing, friendly, extroverted personality to join our team!
- Our recruiter will work independently within a small administrative team. With a high level of autonomy comes the need for excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Because Zekiah is a small, local company, we are looking to expand our name recognition. In an effort to be more visible online and in our local community, we’re looking for someone to help lead our content creation and company ‘brand’.
- Don’t let our small company size stop you: as the head recruiter, you’ll have the chance to suggest candidate management systems, content types, and social media strategies. We want to build something together.
- The recruiter will begin work on September 3rd, 2019.
- Communicate with hiring managers about current and upcoming job openings
- Post/manage job listings across platforms
- Sort through incoming applications
- Conduct pre-screening interviews and concisely communicate interview results to hiring managers
- Cold-call potential applicants
- Manage professional relationships with potential candidates via social media/email outreach
- Maintain outreach records
- Attend job fairs and community events (no overnight travel required)
- Manage applicant and job listing records
- Manage Zekiah social media accounts
- Update the Zekiah blog at regular intervals with original/edited content
- Assist with Zekiah marketing efforts
- Any experience with graphic design/professional marketing would be a bonus, but isn’t required.
- Use Search Engine Optimization skills to increase traffic to job posts and created content
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of professional office administration experience
- 2 years of professional records management/organization
- 1 year of professional experience answering calls, replying to voicemails, and maintaining office communication
- 2 years experience on social media (Facebook and Twitter; maintaining professional accounts preferred.)
- Zekiah would prefer to hire someone with at least 1 year of professional recruiting experience
*Please note that multi-level marketing does not count as professional marketing experience.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship
- 100% of the Zekiah administrative staff is cleared. The successful applicant must be able to attain and maintain a secret security clearance. No clearance is required to apply.
How to Apply
- Submit the application below.
- Email the following writing sample to email@example.com.
- 800 word (minimum) blog post about any relevant professional topic (ie., the benefits of working for a small company, interview pitfalls, the current state of tech in the US, the benefits of working close to home, etc.)
Please note: In the subject line, use the following convention: FIRSTNAME LASTNAME Writing Samples. Applications will not be complete until both the questionnaire and the writing samples have been submitted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.