Zekiah Technologies is a small tech company and government contractor working primarily in Dahlgren, Virginia. Established in 1999, we’ve successfully competed with much larger companies to facilitate missions for the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security, among others
We offer a friendly and relaxed company culture and emphasize the importance of a good work/life balance. You’ll work alongside capable coworkers who are knowledgeable in their fields and real team players. If this sounds like a place you’d fit in and be happy then we want you to apply today! 🙂
- Zekiah Technologies is seeking a Junior/Mid-level geospatial developer to join our staff! This position supports a long-term contract developing mission-critical software for the Air Force.
- Our teams are made up of staff with various levels of experience. We share technical knowledge and mentor each other based on technical skills and task roles. We are focused on providing opportunities to job seekers who are searching for a position to grow their technical expertise and pursue innovative concepts.
- We are looking for motivated, independent, self-starters who are able to think out of the box and use a creative approach to problem-solving. We reward forward-thinking and ambition.
Experience / Requirements
- 2+ years of experience with Python, C#, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS desktop (map/catalog)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred, (High School Diploma or Associates Degree acceptable for well-experienced candidates)
- CompTIA Security+, equivalent or higher (such as CISSP), or willingness to obtain within 90 days of start date
- A CURRENT TS/SCI clearance
If you have a portfolio of your work on GitHub or similar sites please include the link in your application. Also include current certifications you hold (A+, Security+, etc.), if any.
Conditions of Employment
- MUST be a US Citizen (in order to attain and hold a clearance – REQUIRED)
- Must have the ability to attain and hold a security clearance
- A Current TS/SCI Clearance
- Participation and merit-based bonuses twice yearly
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (with additional time accrued after 3 years of service)
- 6 days paid sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Education reimbursement program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Supplemental insurance available through AFLAC
- Flexible schedule (our standard workday is 8 – 5, but you can work with your manager to come up with a schedule that works for you, taking into account client site regulations)
- Learning lunches – we share new techniques or technologies from our team members over lunch; Topics have ranged from Oracle, company updates, and ESRI software. And Zekiah buys lunch!
- Easy commute, relaxed office environment, casual dress code (taking into account client site regulations)
Zekiah offers competitive pay based on your experience and skills. Our hiring manager will make a competitive offer commensurate with your experience and what Labor Category you qualify for.
How to Apply
Fill out the online form to find out if Zekiah Technologies could be your new career.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Zekiah Technologies, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), ethnicity, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Zekiah Technologies is a Maryland-based small business with a successful track record of client support for more than 18 years. Our Mission Statement and Purpose clearly describes our focus: “We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of systems engineering, software development and geospatial technologies. We accomplish this by recruiting, hiring, and developing talented and motivated employees that embrace our core values.”
We offer a competitive salary along with a full range of benefits for our full time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, 2 weeks vacation per year with additional time accrued after 3 years of service, 6 days of sick leave per year, retirement plan with matching contributions, bonuses based on employee performance, and an education reimbursement program.