Several Zekiah team members attended Caledon State Park’s annual Trunk-or-Treat Halloween event on October 26th. A trunk or treat is an event where adults decorate the back of their cars for Halloween, bring loads of candy, and park in a parking lot for kids to “trick or treat”. This event is a blast for all involved.
For the adults:
- Show off your creativity and compete for the coveted Best Trunk Award
- See hundreds of trick or treaters in one place
- Event usually lasts for / limited to 2 or so hours
- People who don’t live in neighborhoods, live in neighborhoods without many youngsters, or in remote or farm settings are able to enjoy the festivities!
For the kids:
- Cars are lined up next to each other making it much easier for youngsters with little legs and limited energy to visit lots of trunks
- Since each trunk has a theme there is a good mix of the fun and the scary
- Local fire companies often participate – bringing ambulances and firetrucks and allowing kids to get inside and play with the lights
- Great opportunity for kids who live in remote areas or large subdivisions where they may not be able to walk to many houses to trick or treat
- It’s common for mom and dad to dress up too! Family themes are especially fun – we saw the cutest “Aladdin” family with a little tyke dressed up as Abu the monkey!
This is another event Zekiah was happy to participate in – and one we look forward to next year! If Caledon’s event next year doesn’t match up with your schedule / location – look around – there are usually multiple Trunk-or-Treats going on in each county and all of them rely on the participation of people like you!
Zekiah Technologies is a small business headquartered in La Plata, MD committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients through innovation and the ingenuity of our technical solutions in the fields of software development, systems engineering, geospatial technologies, and training.